On June 22nd, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM, L.A. Foodie hosted another delicious event at Bar & Garden in Culver City called #BiteFlite.
While our guests were enjoying their awesome craft beers and amazing sliders, we roamed around with microphones asking one simple question, “What’s the best beer tonight?” Because, according to the internet, there is one clear winner—one “BEST” beer of the night. And the internet is never wrong…right? Let’s see how guests of L.A. Foodie’s #BiteFlite event did with such a simple question. (Watch the #BiteFlite video here on YouTube.)
Every guest at #BiteFlite received the following instructions:
- Grab your beers (all 4 included in price)
- Choose a Vagabond Grillyard slider (4 choices, 1 included in price)
- Pig out on Mwokaji Cakery desserts (help yourself, included in price)
- Enjoy your beers, sliders, and desserts in the company of your friends
- What’s this? Art on the walls? Appreciate it.
- Go get more beer!
- Catch a ride home with Lyft. We’ll give you $10.
L.A. Foodie joined forces with Bar & Garden (the awesomest tasting room in Culver City) for a night of unique craft beers, amazingly decadent desserts from Mwokaji Cakery, brain bending art from The Lethargic Artist, and savory sliders from Vagabond Grillyard! L.A. Foodie provided a little info sheet with details about our suggestions for pairing your beers with dinner and dessert. 4 beers were included, so were 4 slider choices (1 slider included), and plenty of desserts! People asked about the beer while we were pouring it, and we were happy to tell you all about it!
Every #BiteFlite guest received 5 ounce pours of all 4 of the following beers (20 total ounces):
- Saison Extra by Brouwerij West (Palos Verdes, CA)
- Baba Black Lager by Uinta Brewing Company (Salt Lake City, UT)
- The Citizen by Cismontane Brewing Company (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA)
- Double-Wide I.P.A. by Boulevard Brewing Co. (Kansas City, MO)
Lots of guests wanted to take some of this awesome beer home! No problem! All 4 beers were on sale at Bar & Garden during the #BiteFlite event.
Every #BiteFlite guest received sweet, pillowy desserts from Mwokaji Cakery.
First things first, here’s how you pronounce Mwokaji: m’whoa KAAH jee. Cakery is pronounced “cakery.” You wanna know what Mwokaji Cakery is all about? Mwokaji’s mastermind-in-chief (Chef Breezee) says, “We convey sentiments, moods, stories of love, tales of victory, glimpses of triumph, and celebrate magical life markers through the wondrous medium of cake.” Guests of #BiteFlite experienced cake in a metaphysical way. Jealous?
Every #BiteFlite guest received 1 of the following Vagabond Grillyard sliders:
- Signature Burger: Grass-fed dry-aged beef, homemade garlic cilantro aioli, sweet onion marmalade, sharp cheddar, wild baby arugula, served on a brioche bun.
- Bacon Bleu: Grass-fed dry-aged beef, homemade garlic aioli, caramelized onions, bleu cheese, thick-cut applewood-smoked bacon, wild baby arugula, served on a brioche bun.
- Pulled Pork: 12-hour roasted pork shoulder, bacon, sriracha poppyseed coleslaw, served on a Portuguese bun.
- Classic Grilled Cheese: Your choice of sharp yellow cheddar or American cheese melted between brioche toast.
(For those people who wanted more sliders: no problem, extras were available for only $3.50 each!)
"I demand more art!" you say.
Fine. This #BiteFlite even was artsy-fartsied to the nines. The Lethargic Artist (AKA Patrick McGilligan) showed paintings and drawings from his unique collection of curiously beautiful robots, hookers, monsters, and creeps. McGilligan is a demented artist with a depraved style, which is what makes him awesome. L.A. Foodie’s #BiteFlite was a great opportunity for art fans to own an original piece of Lethargic Artist artwork. All art on display was for sale, and nothing exceeded $100.
Every #BiteFlite guest received $10 in Lyft cash.
What is Lyft? Lyft is a mobile app that lets you request a ride from a hand-selected community of drivers at the push of a button. Lyft is convenient, reliable, and more affordable than a cab. Plus, you get to ride around with a pink mustache on your car!
L.A. Foodie provided every guest of #BiteFlite with a $10 Lyft gift card to use on the night of the event. The credit was theirs to add to a new or existing Lyft account. A gift from L.A. Foodie and Lyft :)