This week on the L.A. Foodie podcast, Drew and Ben review the new restaurant from the guys who brought you Father’s Office, the Asian-fusion spot Lukshon, put stuff in LA Times’ food writer Dominic Riley's mouth, talk about weekend travel adventures to Santa Maria and Kansas City, and discuss the package they received from some random dude on Reddit.
Is the small-plates trend worth it? Will Dominic correctly guess what’s in his mouth? What kind of BBQ reigns supreme? (I vote for Texas, but I don’t think I get a say.) Listen and find out.
Here’s a handy guide to skipping to a segment of the show:
- 1:08 The origin story of Dominic and how he came to be on the show.
- 2:45 Lukshon discussion. Here’s a link to the Sarah Beth “FoodFucker“‘s Yelp fiasco we mentioned.
- 14:15 Santa Maria BBQ discussion.
- 24:50 Dominic discusses Bucado across the street.
- 36:20 Yelp/CounterYelp. Here are links to quotes from Ray and Padraic
- 39:45 WDWPIYM? (What did we put in your mouth?) segment with Dominic Riley
- 45:15 Bookin’ Up A Storm (new segment!) cookbook reviews
- The two mentioned books: Cooking Comically and The Hungry Games
- 51:10 Eat on Down the Road (new segment!). Here’s a link to that awesome Tri-tip food truck
- 1:00:03 Kansas City trip
- 1:12 At The World’s End Reddit gift exchange package. Here is the Reddit post with pictures of all the package contents.
Shout out to Instagram follower @commissionercusto for the excellent outro quote “we ain’t sharing that meal, I’m devouring that hunny.”